[HCMC] Project Officer for the Commercial and Industrial Rooftop Solar (CIRTS) Project
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Vietnam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency.
Since 2013, energy has been one of three strategic cooperation areas between Vietnam and Germany. Within the GIZ Energy Support Programme, the new Commercial and Industrial Rooftop Solar (CIRTS) Project supports the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT), its Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority (EREA), and the Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) to improve the preconditions for the development of the commercial and industrial rooftop solar market. The CIRTS project has three main action areas: i) Legal and Regulatory Framework; ii) Capacity Development; and iii) Technology Cooperation. On all three levels, the human and institutional competences of relevant partner organizations will be strengthened.
The CIRTS Project requires a qualified local professional for the following position:
Project Officer – Rooftop Solar
Duty station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Duration: Starting ASAP, 03 years contract
• Implementing daily operational aspects related to the Action Area “Technology Cooperation" and other Action Areas of the CIRTS project;
• Serve as contact point for EVN power companies as key project beneficiaries, including responsibility for technical Vietnamese-language project communications in HCMC;
• Provide highest-quality technical advice to immediate counterparts EVNHCMC and EVNSPC based in HCMC, while ensuring consistency with national policies and plans as developed by relevant counterparts in Hanoi, including EREA and EVN headquarters;
• Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders in the renewable energy sector, specifically in the rooftop solar sub-sector;
• Technical support and review of project activities and studies, including grid impact assessments, solar potential analyses, solar power forecast provision, other grid management and operation activities, etc.;
• Facilitate practical approaches for the demonstration of technology solutions appropriate for the Vietnamese commercial and industrial solar development context;
• Develop concepts for activities, terms of reference, facilitate the selection and contract preparation for institutions/companies that carry out short-term assignments;
• Support the regular monitoring and reporting on the progress of relevant project activities;
• Support in maintaining quality assurance throughout the project cycle for a wide range of different activities (pilot projects, capacity building, policy advice, reports, studies, etc.);
• Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among international and national experts, the project team and partners; and
• Co-organize relevant workshops, trainings and study tours as needed.
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, (Energy) Economics or a related field;
• 3 years of professional working experience in the (renewable) energy sector, with at least 2 years dealing directly with rooftop solar issues;
• Ability to balance technical advice and political sensitivity, in line with high partner expectations;
• Detailed understanding of EVN and its relevant companies (Power Companies, NLDC, NPT, etc.);
• Experience working in or with private sector (e.g. utilities, solar project developers, EPC firms, service providers, or as a consultant);
• Experience in an international project setting, preferably experience with ODA;
• Experience and good understanding of the Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework related to the power sector, power system operation, tariff regulation, and renewable energy;
• Experience directly with solar PV system design, installation, or maintenance is an asset;
• Experience in managing international and national consultants;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
• Excellent organizational skills, paying attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, manage deadlines autonomously and self-motivated;
• Interest and ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with all levels of staff in a professional manner; and
• Willingness to travel on short trips, both within Viet Nam (including regular trips to Hanoi) and possibly abroad.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Ha Noi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Ha Noi, Viet Nam), before 05th November 2021.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Senior Project Officer – Rooftop Solar (HCMC)”. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE