Calling for National Internship application - Language support service/translation
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With its long coastline and rich natural resources, Viet Nam’s climate and topography offers a solid potential for renewable energy (RE) development. The government aims to increase the share of RE in power generation to 9.9% and 21% by 2020 and 2030, respectively (National Power Development Plan VII revised, 2016). To support Vietnamese Government in achieving these targets, GIZ Energy Support Programme (ESP) is working in various action areas to develop renewable energy and energy efficiency markets.
The main commissioning party of the ESP is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). A number of projects are currently ongoing:
• Commercial and Industrial Rooftop Solar (CIRTS): 2021 - 2025
• Clean, Affordable and Secure Energy for Southeast Asia (CASE): 2020 – 2024
• Solar-Aquaculture Habitats as Resource-Efficient and Integrated Multilayer Production Systems (SHRIMPS): 2019 - 2023
• Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (4E): 2015 -2023
• Smart Grids for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SGREEE): 2017 – 2021
• Climate Protection through Sustainable Bioenergy Markets in Viet Nam (BEM): 2019 - 2023
• Project Development Programme (PDP): 2015-2023
In this context, the ESP is looking for a local qualified intern candidate to fill the following position:
Learning Area: Language support service/translation
Duty Station: Coco Building, 14 Thuy Khue, Hanoi
Duration: 06 months starting from 15 November 2021
Main activities during the internship:
• Assistance the translation of project correspondences, general & technical documents, policies, presentations, etc., from Vietnamese into English and vice versa
• Assistance in quality control of translated documents by inhouse team and/or external service providers including translated text proofreading, document formatting, graphic designing and laying out in accordance with the corporate regulations
• Participating in the establishment of energy-focused translation memory and term-base/glossary for our CAT (Computer-Assisted Translation) tool
• Assistance in interpretation in technical meetings with different stakeholders, when needed
• Assistance in transcription of audio/video for translation, when needed
• Assistance in creating and updating inhouse team’s planner for assigned tasks to monitor and manage workload
• Assistance in documents filling for Inhouse translator team, when needed
• Other tasks as assigned by the Language Support Service Officer(s) or other staff involved in the translation/interpretation work of the office.
• Other administrative tasks when needed
• Vietnamese citizen, who are in the last year of their study or newly graduated students within 6 months upon commencement of the internship.
• Specialization in language, electricity, energy, international affair or similar.
• Strong interest in language and energy sector in Viet Nam.
• Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
• Experiences with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of SharePoint, OneDrive and Planner is a plus.
• Experiences in an intercultural and multi-lingual context gained by way of internships and/or academic exchanges. Experiences in foreign countries are an asset.
• Thinking creatively; Highly motivated to learn and to contribute to a young and dynamic team of international and national staff with the aim to develop the energy sector in Viet Nam;
• Willing to take on responsibility, work independently and travel to project sites for work if necessary.
Apart from a monthly allowance, successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the latest curriculum vitae, cover letter and copies of relevant certificates and references by email to email@example.com before 28 October 2021.
The internship is expected to start from 15 November 2021 and lasting for 6 months.
Note: Please state “Application for the Internship – Language support service” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE