[Hanoi] Project Officer for the Bioenergy
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Viet Nam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, smart grid, energy access and energy efficiency.
The Climate Protection through Sustainable Bioenergy Markets in Viet Nam (BEM) Project supports the Government of Viet Nam to improve the preconditions for a sustainable use of biomass for electricity and heat generation. Viet Nam is increasingly focusing on the improvement of planning, technical and financial capacities of respective actors in the bioenergy sector to realize bankable investment projects. The project has three action areas: i) Legal and Regulatory Framework; ii) Capacity Development; and iii) Technology Cooperation. On all three levels, the human and institutional competences of relevant partner organizations will be strengthened.
The Bioenergy Project is looking for a qualified local professional to fill the following position:
Project Officer “Bioenergy”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP for 1 year, with the possibility of extension
• Support the implementation of daily operational aspects of Action Area 3 – Technology Cooperation, and support other Action Areas as needed;
• Facilitate the development and implementation of technology cooperation and exchange activities, e.g. business-to-business matchmaking between international and local technology providers and project developers;
• Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders in the renewable energy and especially bioenergy sector;
• Assess the need of activities related to the Action Area Technology Cooperation and propose new activities to fulfil the requirement;
• Develop terms of reference, facilitate the selection and contract preparation for consultancies that carry out short-term assignments;
• Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among international and national experts and project team and partners, including providing support for field visits in Viet Nam;
• Support maintaining quality assurance throughout the project cycle for a wide range of different activities (pilot projects, capacity building, policy advice, reports, studies, etc.);
• Support regular monitoring and reporting on the progress of relevant project activities; and
• Represent the GIZ ESP / Bioenergy Project with partners and key stakeholders.
• University degree (with advanced degree preferred) in engineering, (energy) economics, law, public policy or other field relevant to bioenergy;
• 5 years of professional working experience in the energy sector, ideally within or for Vietnamese energy sector institutions (e.g. MOIT, ERAV, Institute of Energy) including EVN and its relevant companies (e.g. NPT, NLDC, Power Companies, PECC1-4), or in private sector;
• 1 year of experience in an international project setting, preferably with ODA;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English (additional German language skills will be considered an asset);
• Ability to implement effective Capacity Development interventions, particularly in the energy sector and/or bioenergy subsector;
• Demonstrated understanding of the Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework related to the power sector, power system operation, tariff regulation, renewable energy, and bioenergy;
• Experience successfully managing international and national consultants;
• Experience engaging with public institutions, private sector, and/or financing institutions;
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance multiple priorities and manage deadlines, and ability to work independently and self-motivate;
• Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects, and excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner; and
• Willingness to travel on short trips.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 5th November 2021.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Project Officer -Bioenergy”. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE