[Hanoi] Junior Project Officer for the Smart Grids project
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Vietnam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency.
The Smart Grids for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SGREEE) project implemented by GIZ and financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) supports the Government of Vietnam in the implementation of its Smart Grid Road Map with the aim to facilitate the integration of an increasing renewable energy share as well as the improvement of demand-side management by way of introducing intelligent grid solutions. The project has three action areas: 1) Legal and Regulatory Framework; 2) Capacity Development; and 3) Technology Cooperation. On all three levels, the human and institutional competences of relevant partner organizations will be strengthened.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme requires a qualified local professional for the following position:
Junior Project Officer “ESP-SGREEE”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 01.02.2022 until 28.02.2023 with the possibility of extension
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develops overviews of project activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings.
- Drafts work plans and, where possible, cost estimates.
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
- Development of tools and templates for activity planning and monitoring.
- Supports the preparation of Terms of Reference and tender documentation.
- Assists the project with collection of data and information.
- Assists with coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of project activities, with a particular focus on Smart Grid and Energy Efficiency related activities.
- Prepares documents for internal project team meetings.
- Assists short-term experts assigned to the project in completing their tasks.
- Other tasks as required by higher bands staffs or the project director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Power Engineering, Energy Sustainable Development, Economics or another relevant field. Graduation from Advanced Program is an asset. (Temporary confirmation of subjects’ completion is acceptable as for last year student).
- Internship working experience with international organizations in the energy sector.
- Work experience in the RE-based Laboratory is an asset.
- Technical knowledge on smart grid and energy efficiency.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Access or another database programme).
- Fluent English language skills, German language skills is an asset.
- Experience with research is desirable.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Able to work in a team while taking on responsibility for own tasks individually.
- Experience with working in a multi-cultural team.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 14th January 2022.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Junior Project Officer “ESP_ SGREEE”.The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE