[Hanoi] Administrative Officer, Finance cum Contract and Procurement
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Viet Nam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency and smart grid.
The Energy Support Programme (ESP) requires a qualified local professional for the positions of:
Administrative Officer / Finance cum C&P “ESP”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP for 2 years contract with the possible extension
• Implementation and monitoring of the financial accounting system such as budget preparation and monitoring, cash flow forecasting and monitoring, cost monitoring as well as bookkeeping etc. for the assigned projects of energy support programme (ESP) in line with GIZ standard procedures;
• Technically support the contract and procurement process (C&P), especially with the C&P process via GIZ Headquarter;
• Effectively coordinate with the technical officers in the various ESP sub-teams as well as with colleagues of the finance section at GIZ country office or finance department at GIZ head office;
• University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as finance and accounting, business administration;
• At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in the area concerned; experience in a similar position in a project/ programme in international development cooperation is an asset;
• Strong experience in finance monitoring and budget planning;
• Strong experience in operating accounting software, SAP is an asset;
• Experience in financial management of local subsidies/ grants is preferred.
• Full proficiency in information technologies as well as Vietnamese and English; basic German is an asset.
• Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Dynamic, reliable and open-minded character having the willingness to excel and perform on a high-level under pressure and tight deadlines;
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 11 th April 2022
Note: Please state “Application for the Administrative Officer/Finance cum C&P – ESP” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged. Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.